(1) Joshua had apparently fallen asleep in the back seat of the car and was awakened to a car sleep sweat. He shouted right out of the blue, "Can someone turn on the air? I'm sweating like a dog back here!" You probably had to be there.
(2) Leslie's car charges me with static electricity and I get shocked every time I get out of it. Sometimes I make it past closing the car door only to be zapped by the door of whatever store we may be going into. I look like an escaped mental patient as I erratically go about reaching out for the door, quickly reaching out for it but quickly pulling away from it, until finally I gain the courage to touch it. I found myself fearfully frozen in the car as we arrived home from town the other day shouting, "Somebody come spray me with the Static Guard so I can get out of the car!"
(3) What you don't want to hear at the breakfast table from a teen aged boy: "Hey somebody pull my finger!"
(4) Kristina (our Ukrainian girl) still navigating the English language said, "pass me another one of those 'Man Sandwiches'", we were eating Manwiches for dinner.
(5) I joke with Kristina all the time saying, "I have your number." The idiom doesn't make sense to her. So she always says, "if you know my number, tell me what it is". Joshua piped up one time and said in typical littel brother fashion, "I know what it is--666!
(6) Samuel was asking the blessing one morning and said "God, thank you for this food and the 'um'. Amen." I asked him what is this "um" that he was thanking God for? Is that something like Manna or what?
(7) Nathanael was trying to say a certain word and mispronounced it. We all laughed; he got offended, and said "I have a speech disability and I have a paper in my backpack to prove it!