Saturday, July 7, 2007

Our Vacation


We left for a visit with the grandparents in Mississippi on Wednesday. This is a ten and one half hour drive (this trip at least). Leslie brought some "occupy my mind, but don't have think literature." So after listening to twelve sermons on eschatology by R.C. Sproul I thought I would give it a try. I rapidly went through three or four of these magazines and came to the conclusion that they are the biggest waste of time and space on the planet. There are a few divisions of topics that all of the magazines have in common: who is in the spotlight; who is getting together/breaking up/or single; who is skinny (anorexic), perfect, fat (another eating disorder) or curvy; who is going into rehab or getting released or leaving early; who has/had/ or is getting cosmetic surgery; who got into legal trouble, and you get the point! What a waste of time. It worked for about an hour though. And I am up on enough gossip to keep me in purgatory for a very long time.

Upon arriving in MS we visited with family. Joshua, Nathanael, and I rode the four wheeler. All of the men went to see Transformers. Leslie and I ate some Cajun food; a food that we love and miss since being in FL. I have mostly been doing nothing but watching the outdoors channel on T.V. (we don't have cable at home at this time). We are having a great time!


No comments: