We are making (very) slow progress, but determinedly moving forward with baby steps. We had our medicals done a few weeks ago. Poor Robert, the nurse had to stick him several times before she got a vein that would give up the juice. Fingerprints and background checks are officially done and in hand. The homestudy is a matter of one meeting and a big check, so we're holding off on that for now. In my time frame, I calculated having all the paperwork done by the end of school and (fingers crossed) a travel date by late summer. But things don't seem to be working out that way and I have to trust that God is behind the timing of all things.
A few weeks ago we were discouraged by well meaning individuals who told us we needed to put the adoption on hold until our finances were all in place. If we had followed this advice, Kristina would still be languishing in an orphanage on the other side of the world. Yet, we want to be sensitive to wise counsel and humble to hearing those around us so we are moving slowly in the hopes that God will provide in a big way.
We learned this week that Sasha has been approved to travel in the same hosting program Kristina came with three years ago. The thought of having him here for the entire summer and lavishing love on him is almost too much to bear, but we simply cannot afford the hosting fee and will have to learn patience in the process.
Please continue to pray for wisdom on our part and for God's provision. Pray for Sasha and Vitalik too!