Sorry for the delay in posting, but it's been a whirlwind couple of weeks. Robert AND Kristina are both in Ukraine this morning. They flew out yesterday and met up with the team in Atlanta where they caught their connecting flight. I am anxiously awaiting word that they are safe (and warm!) in Kiev and praying they had a uneventful crossing. Some of you may remember how much Robert loathes flying. Kristina was a bundle of energy on the way to the airport and I can only hope she calmed down a bit before being strapped in next to Robert for the twelve hour flight.
We didn't know if this trip was actually going to happen, but last Monday we were only a few hundred short of having the funds necessary for both of them to go. Granted, we didn't even have a US passport for Kristina. When we made the leap of faith to move forward, I scheduled an appointment with the passport office in Miami to apply for the expedited passport. On Wednesday of last week, we made the four hour trip south and sat in a government building for most of the day waiting on clearance and for her passport to be printed. Add the influx of rescue and recovery workers applying for expedited passports to get into Haiti, and we were a little nervous about it happening. But happen it did and Wednesday night we headed back to Orlando with passport in hand.
Please join me in praying for Robert, Kristina, and the rest of the mission team for the next 10 days. Pray for safety, wisdom, and favor with God and man. I'm not sure if they will have Internet access, but if they do you will likely see updates from them posted here soon enough. Check back!